Thursday, November 18, 2004

Ranting

As I watch the news today I am filled with frustration and desperation over the deliberate masking of news and the blatant shamelessness of people willing to say anything to earn a shred of respect from their community. This has been going on for so long but for today I realize that I just cant stand it anymore.

Granted that my views on the Iraq war would be considered biased by many (especially here) and for all I know I could be deceiving myself but I really think the US army got it tough. Its bad enough that noone knows that they actively participate in domestic construction projects and welfare. Its bad enough that they have restricted their rules of engagements for minimal collateral damage to the point of death from militants that arent restricted to killing their own brothers. As a counter I know that many might claim that there IS an obscene amount of damage. Namely 100,000 dead civilians since the onset of the war. Not my field but I'll show you this interesting discussion that gives alot of information on that number. http://www.chicagoboyz.net/archives/002543.html

Darn. I hate going this direction. Enough hatred being preached from where I am.

I still remember vividly when the whole invasion started and I was watching some local demonstration going on in TV happening in malaysia. ' A crowd has gathered by the throng. its numbers impressive and roiling with passion. A thin wild eyed man clambering onto the stage screaming in bahasa shrilly " They are animals! They are animals!"

I dont exactly cheer the war nor mock the dead. But I say let respect be given where its due.

I am not making a point. I just want to scream at something. My monitor has been very tolerant lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home