Monday, July 19, 2004

Capitabliss

The beginning of a hospitality week in beloved Taylors. Today is Professional Day. Beautiful monday. What does professional day mean? Well... we all get to dress up in jackets, suits and so on so that we can look. yep. professional. Its purely cosmetic. Got on my favourite (only) jacket and drove to college. Feels weird driving to your everyday occupation/responsibility with a jacket. 
 
Everyone I knew off walked with an extra bounce in their feet I noticed. The ones who forgot about this significant day acted almost meek. Strange day. 
 
A few days ago I managed to test my beautiful 4 wheeler for its amphibious capabilities. it rained really heavy. The road outside my college got flooded. High enough that it flooded a car right in front of me. With an ecstatic grin and a swelling of chest I flicked the gear to low and after assuring my passengers (fellow college hitchikers not wanting to get wet in mentioned heavy rain) I drove into the flood waters at a stately steady 30 kmph.  All seemed fine. All went fine. I got through.  Sorry to disappoint anyone expecting a disaster story. I just love driving through water.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home